Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2009

#349: Real Scam Time Life Music Collection Informercial

I couldn't sleep one night and went to finish up a hockey game on the DVR at 3:00 AM and I see Billy Dee Williams on live TV before I switch to the game (he's not looking too good) and so had to stop to see what he was up to. He was promoting a pretty cool Motown collection and the infomercial was great. But the pricing was a total scam. They never even gave it, they just said "Pay a $9.95 trial fee" and if you don't like it, send it back and owe nothing more." So I didn't like that they never once in the ad stated how much the actual cost would be to own the item, which I'm sure was probably over $100. And also, I am sure some of the songs are abbreviated version, as Time Life is known to do, though with a Motown collection, this wouldn't be too big of an issue since most of the songs were short already so they wouldn't have to cut them, but there still are some long version of 70's temptations songs that I bet they cut. Severity: 3

No comments: