Search This Blog

Saturday, April 04, 2009

#350: White "Chocolate"

My great love of chocolate is what really upsets me about the existence of white "chocolate" because it is not chocolate (the only remote connection is that it must contain at least 20% cocoa butter), yet it appears in collections of chocolate candies as a way to lessen the cost of the collection. I don't understand how it came to be called what it is. Even the FDA has ruled it is not real chocolate after chocolate manufacturers complained. It's not terrible, but it takes away from real chocolate that I'd rather have in my collections. Furthermore, I once bought a whole box of white chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from Costco because they were on a steep discount (with good reason) and before I knew about the scam. I suffered through finishing that box at work, only when I was desperate for some sugar. Severity: 3

No comments: